September 26, 2012

Vintage Christmas

It's getting that time of year when you have to start making your Christmas cards
and our challenge at The Perfect Sentiment is helping.
 
Challenge: Create a card with a Christmas sentiment.
The Twist: Use something vintage on your card.
It could be a vintage image, buttons, lace,paper.
 
Our sponsor this week is Patty's Creations
 
 
Prize: 1 free digi of your choice
 
 
For my card I wanted to use a vintage image and I had found some great ones on the internet.
 I matted the card with some Christmas paper, inked the edges to give it a vintage look. I cut the words "Jingle Bells" from another paper and used that for my sentiment. Added some lace, a snowflake, and a vintage button.
 
That's what I think of when someone says Vintage.
Now stop by the other DT members and see what great cards they have made.
Then hop on over to The Perfect Sentiment and join us.
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Vintage Santa card. You used some wonderful elements for a Vintage look. Especially like that you reused Christmas cards for the Santa image & sentiment. Enjoyed my time as Sept Guest Designer for Perfect Sentiments.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Sept Guest Designer Perfect Sentiments

Paula Bee said...

This is such a perfect vintage card! I love the image and papers you used. Beautiful card!

jan farnworth said...

great sample.

Jennipher said...

I just love that vintage Santa Claus. This is an awesome card.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice Christmas card!

Margaret said...

Love the vintage Santa image and your paper is a great backdrop to it.